Friday, June 13, 2008

Tucker

Hey there! I am Tucker. My mom is finally giving me a chance to say hi. She says I am a silly dog, and wasn’t sure I could do this. About 5 1/2 years ago when I was 8 weeks old my mom came to take me away. It was no big deal to me, but she seemed really surprised when I slept through the night and never cried. I also met my big brother, Milo. He didn't seem to like me too much at first, but I just kept at him until he finally accepted me.

The first thing you need to know is that I love to run! My mom and I do lots of agility, which is great because I can jump and run really fast. I also like doing all the obstacles although sometimes at trials I get so excited I cannot stop myself at the end like in practice. The only thing I don’t like is the thing she calls the table. It is really boring. Sometimes I just stand on it so I can watch mom do all sorts of funny things to get me to lie down. But she has gotten wise to me lately and just stands there, which is no fun. My first trial was at the Aussie Nationals at Purina Farms with my idol, Sheffield. Sheff is a big red Aussie, and I hope to be as good as he is someday. He got a big title called a MACh last year. I am not sure what it is, but everyone was really happy so I want to get one too. My mom says we have to practice a lot so she can get better telling me where to go. That is fine by me since I get to run and eat lots of yummy treats. She says I am a crazy red dog but doesn’t seem too upset about it.

There are other running games I like such as lure coursing. Sure it is just a plastic bag, but boy does that bag move fast! In the end it always gets too tired to run away from me and stops so I can rip it apart. Flyball is also great fun even if I have to bring the ball back to get a treat. We also play tug and mom throws a tennis balls for me. I am not so sure about bringing the ball back. After all I just ran to get it. Why should I give it up? It would be so much more fun if my mom would chase me to get the ball. Chase is a great game!

I love my big brother Milo. He has taught me many important things like barking at other dogs when we take walks, protecting our home against invisible enemies, warning everyone to stay away from the car, pulling all the stuffing out of toys, and taking up as much room as possible on the bed. We used to run together and he would chase me, but he doesn’t want to play as much anymore. Milo owns all the toys in our home, but he will let me play with them. Sometimes I grab the toy away from him when he isn’t looking to try to get him to chase me.

My mom said I cannot write a regular diary like the big dogs, Fergus and Nayland. But maybe if I am really good she will let me talk to you again.

No comments: